Do you feel the music running through your veins? Can’t keep your hands off that keyboard? You must be something special to have been gifted with musical powers then. Of course, you are because not everybody can feel it and if you do, then you should be honing that skill. The creativity bug has smitten you, but you need to learn it first in order to compose later. You will need to practice to make a good musician and for that, you need to find the best piano keyboards that will help you reach your goals. This guide on buying piano keyboards can solve your predicament to some extent. Read on, to know more.
Top 12 best piano Keyboards:
It is true that the best piano keyboards can change the way you perceive music and the below-mentioned models can certainly fuel that change. We have curated a list of these instruments to get you started. Take a look and find out which suits you the best.
Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano
Yamaha is known to wow people with their wonderful musical instruments for decades and the Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano is no exception at all. Manufactured by utilizing the latest technology this portable grand piano is every musician’s delight. The piano has 76 soft touch keys with a fingering mode that makes playing easy. The Electric Piano also has a chord and chord free mode which takes playing to a completely new level. Pros
- The portable piano from Yamaha has at least 30 songs that are loaded into the memory. The gadget can also be connected to the computer by using a USB port.
- This piano has XGlite voices and thus the sound that is produced is quite realistic. Rotor organ, organ, piano, electric piano, Tenor sax, Pan flute, and trumpet are some of the sounds that you will find on this piano.
- The piano also has very user-friendly controls that make it very easy to handle by people of all age groups.
- Has a pre-programmed tutorial that teaches you how to play the piano
Yamaha EZ-220 61-Lighted Key Portable Keyboard Package with Headphones, Stand and Power Supply
When it comes to the best piano keyboards Yamaha, is known to push the boundaries in its effort to offer the best possible product. With the EZ-220 Yamaha has managed to take things up a notch. With 61 touch sensitive keys, this portable piano can be connected to Page Turner a free app on iPad. The piano has about 100 pre-loaded songs that make the piano easy to play and learn. With the USB port on the piano, you can connect it to a computer for advanced music programming Pros
- The portable piano comes with an educational suit that makes the piano easy to learn
- The page turner app permits the piano to be connected to iPad
- Users will have access to over 100 songs and a fingering guide to help to learn the piano fast
- The piano has 61 keys that very touch sensitive
- The piano includes a Samson stereo headphone
- The Yamaha EZ-220 has at least 392 voices that are built in, users will have access to sounds like drums, synthesizers, brass, guitars and strings.
The EZ-220 is one of the best piano keyboards from Yamaha and it has no flaws, however, users are advised to handle it with care and read the operation manual before using the piano. 3. Casio CTK2400 61- Key Portable Keyboard
CTK-2400 from Casio is the best piano keyboards in the market right now. Casio is known to surprise people with their pianos as they constantly incorporate new technology into their products. The CTK-2400 is no exception as it is packed with features that most music lovers often dream of. The piano is designed to make the task of composing and playing music a lot of fun. The outstanding tones in the piano are a recipe for creating that perfect tune you were trying to nail in a long time. With user-friendly controls, you will have access to a whole bunch of cool effects right at your fingertips. Pros
- The CTK-2400 has 61 keys that are sensitive to touch
- The sound quality is absolutely outstanding and very realistic
- Users will have access to about 400 tons
- The piano has a microphone that facilitates sampling
- The CTK-2400 also has 150 rhythms and a learning system that allows better playing
- The piano is light weight so it can be carried around everywhere
A few users have complained about this piano keyboards that the keys are not as sensible as they are expected to be. Otherwise, most would agree that it is ideal for a beginner. So, no complaints there and novices can practice their music diligently with this instrument. 4.Casio Inc. CTK2400 PPK 61-Key Premium Portable Keyboard Package with Samson HP30 Headphones, Stand, and Power Supply
When we think of a piano keyboard that will blow our minds with its fabulous features Casio does not fail to amaze us. With the CTK2400 Casio strikes the right chord with music lovers. Equipped with state of the art features, music making is taken to a different level. The light weight piano along with Samson Headphones is sold as a bundle and can be purchased online. As a music lover, the CTK2400 is everything you ever wanted. Pros
- The finishing of the product is absolutely top notch
- The sampling feature is very useful
- Users will have access to about 400 keyboard voices
- The CTK2400 has a microphone built in for superior sampling
- The piano comes with Samson headphones, power supply, and a sturdy x stand
- The piano also has very user-friendly controls that allow smooth operations
- The Casio piano is very light and you can carry it around everywhere
- This can not only be used in the house for beginners but also on stage for professional gigs
Some customers who had purchased this product have complained that the headphones do not work properly. However, the majority of the customers have stated that this best piano keyboards works fine and is worth the money.
Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Piano with Stand and Power Adapter
Yamaha has always held a special place in the hearts of musicians with their pianos. The YPG-535 is one of the best piano keyboards from Yamaha that has stolen the show and outsold every other brand. The piano has 88 full sized touch sensitive keys for easy playing. The piano has a wide variety of sounds that help to create atmospheric music whether in the studio or live performances. The YPG is nothing short of a masterpiece created by Yamaha. Pros
- The portable piano has at least 30 songs that are inbuilt
- The will also have access to 70 more on a CD supplied with the piano
- Beginners can use the tutorial on the CD to learn how to play the instrument
- The can be connected to the computer via a USB Port
- The piano will have 361 realistic voices to fulfill your every need.
- User-friendly controls can help you dial up any sound you want
- The finishing of the product is really good and it is built to last.
Certain customers have complained that the keyboard is a little heavy. A vast majority of the customers have agreed that this is the best piano keyboards which are very light and can be carried around very easily.
Casio SA76 44 Keys 100 Tones
Casio has always had a reputation of manufacturing the best pianos for all ages; the best thing about any digital piano from Casio is that it is very easy to play. The SA-76 is the perfect piano from Casio that can be used by children who are just starting music lessons. This lightweight piano has 44 keys and user-friendly controls that make its usage a sheer delight. As a customer, there is no way you will be disappointed with the Casio SA-76. Pros
- The Casio SA-76 is a very lightweight piano and is portable
- The LC display is very bright and gives you access to all the functions
- There are five different drum pads
- The instrument has 10 songs loaded into it that can be used for rehearsals
- User-friendly controls that let young children operate the instrument properly
- The finishing of the product is very good and it will last for a long time.
- Very reasonable price
There have been some complaints about the keys in this Electric piano, but on the whole majority of the customers have given the Casio SA-76 a five-star rating because of its outstanding sound quality.
Yamaha P115 88-Key Digital Piano, Black
This Yamaha product is for the intermediate learners that want little more from their Digital Piano. With years of experience, Yamaha knows it very well what should be done with a digital instrument and they deliver with the same finesse in this case too. This black colored piano comes with sustained pedal and power supply facility. Moreover, the brand name itself should suffice when we speak about quality and this musical device is backed with years of craftsmanship too. Pros
- It has 88 keys that make it a complete set
- Using the state of the art technology, Yamaha has managed to create this fantastic machine
- It features Pure CF Sound Engine to provide you with touch sensitive but vibrant playing
- The GHS weighted keys play like an acoustic piano
- Has remarkable sound quality that produces melodious music and excellent treble sections
- Sync with iPhone or iPad and play accordingly
- Has built in rhythms that add to its beauty
- Is backed up by a 3-year warranty on parts if bought from an authorized dealer
Yamaha P115B Digital Piano with Yamaha Stand, Bench, and Dust Cover
When you get a piano with a stand and dust cover, you know that you have hit the jackpot. This is such a bundle that you will not be regret buying ever. The brand name stands for assurance and years of expertise with patented sound system is a benchmark. All this is backed by 3 years warranty on the parts only if bought from an authorized agent. There is more to this like: Pros
- Has the Pure CF sound that Yamaha is famous for
- Invigorate your composition with the Pianist Styles
- The GHS weighted keys (88 in number) gives it the feel of an acoustic
- Comes with an updated console
- The seat is comfortably padded
- Is easy to store
- The keyboard stand is sturdy
- The dust cover keeps your Digital Piano protected
- The cover is made out of soft material and there are no doubts that it is a good investment for a piano of your preference
Some have found the keys to be noisy, but the Yamaha 9′ CFIIIS concert of a grand piano can seldom be wrong. Our advice to our readers would be to check the settings and then start playing for best results.
Yamaha YDP143R Arius Series Console Digital Piano with Bench, Rosewood
This is one of the best piano keyboards that sounds like any acoustic piano. It helps the artist grow in you and can adjust itself to the demands of a progressing musician. The Arius Series by Yamaha has all that you would want from a standard piano with a digital touch. The ivory keys and the graded hammer all add to its flair, reminding us of the premium pianos that history has ever witnessed. Pros
- Yamaha is a name that stands for quality and the YDP143R is no exception to this
- They use something called the Pure CF Sound Engine that is based on state of the art technology and can produce natural sound like an acoustic piano
- Additionally, the hammer and pedal combination generates resonance to remember for life
- This lends it a realistic and subtle player
- The 88 keys make it authentic and comfortable to play
- There is a collection of 50 songs preloaded in the built-in memory
- An app for iOS makes it high end
- Record or listen to songs with your headphones, you are more than welcome to enjoy your music lessons as per your wish
RockJam 61-Key Electronic Keyboard SuperKit with Stand, Stool, Headphones & Power Supply
This is a packed in an electric keyboard with 61 keys that come along with a set of stool, headphones and stand to complement it. This is an ideal piano that can serve beginners as well as experts with ease. The keyboard has an LCD screen with clear display and can guide beginners very well. There are quite a number benefits of this musical equipment and they are as follows: Pros
- It has a plethora of sounds like 100 keyboard sounds,100 rhythms, 50 demo songs and 30 maestro songs
- Has a proper user manual
- It can save batteries from getting wasted
- LCD display teaches beginners how to play piano properly
- Can enjoy your private practice with headphones
- The stool is carefully engineered, nicely padded and pretty sturdy
- The stand takes very less space which is why you can practice anywhere in the house
- It is adjustable
- The set is affordable and is something that appeals to the masses
A few complaint about the volume being low and the equipment having fewer options of adjusting it. You will not find much of a problem with this set otherwise and this is the best seller in its category.
Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano Premium Pack
Yamaha, the name is suggestive of quality and high performance. The keyboard has 76 keys that are non-weighted but this helps a beginner to grow on their own. This system has 30 inbuilt songs that give you the feel of an acoustic piano. No wonder, this is regarded as one of the best piano keyboards because it can be connected to the internet and you can download more songs to practice with. There is a lot more to this premium device that has been explained below: Pros
- It has Graded Soft Touch that offers realistic resistance
- Not to mention that this is good for a musician in the making
- Compatible with MIDI and XGlite makes this pack exciting
- Closed cup headphones from Samson HP30 make it an amazing deal
- The AC adapter (Yamaha PA-150) is yet another feature that should not skip your mind
- The strapping steel stand can take a weight of 130 pounds
- You can use the Yamaha Education Suite to learn more
Some do not like the idea of this being cordless and they have managed to find a problem with that. Now, this is something that not everyone dislikes and you are free to make your choice. The device is reasonably priced and there is not much to say about this.
Yamaha PSRE353 61-Key Portable Keyboard
Let us not talk about the brand for once, but we need to mention one thing that this can easily fell into the group of best piano keyboards. Now, we surely need to mention the brand, Yamaha that has managed to build best piano keyboards with touch sensitive keys and Yamaha Education Suite to help you learn what yearn for. Want to know more; then read the rest of this discussion with care. Pros
- Ideal for beginners and those who pursue music as a hobby
- The Aux Line Input comes handy while enjoying music via internal speakers
- You can get charged up with a sing-along practice as well with this
- Has melody suppressor
- Keyboard is best in this range and you can compare it any brand of your choice
- Can create wide images for stereo
- Easy connectivity for iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Very affordable a model
- Learning can be fun
- No end to learning
Most complain are the accessories and we must warn our readers about the cheap duplicates that are available in the market. This is why we suggest that you buy from authorized agents only. Overall, this is an inspirational piano that you can learn from and enjoy at the same time.
What are the main features of Digital Piano and what should you look for?
Be it owing to the price or because of a space crunch, resorting to the best piano keyboards may seem to be a solution for many. These digital gadgets come with a lot of features that you must know of if you are planning to buy one.
- These pianos are portable and are easy to carry
- They are low maintenance unlike an acoustic piano
- They have great features when it comes to composing and learning
- These come with various sound levels
- Rest assured the sound is of high quality
- These offer maximum polyphony that suggests they have standard sound generation
- These have 88 keys like a real piano
- The keys replicate those of a traditional piano and are often termed as weighted keys
- These keys are simulated with heavier low notes and lighter high notes that lend them an authentic touch
- Some even are accompanied with MIDI that can safely keep your hard work documented into an electronic module
- These pianos have an organized console that assists the user with basic and advanced backing
In addition to all this, you will get to choose from a range of manufacturers that have worldwide popularity. Names like Yamaha, Casio and much more will come to the fore while hunting for a quality digital based piano. Don’t get confused while buying best piano keyboards that meets your requirements because of this. The truth is if you know what exactly you expect out of your piano, you will never face a problem with this.
Steps by step process to buy the best piano keyboards
Yes, we know you don’t buy a piano every day and you must have some basic idea as to how to buy a quality one. However, there are a couple of things that you should know before you invest in a digital instrument. Don’t worry, we found a few pointers that will see you through the problem. Just make sure that you give these a consideration ahead of purchasing a digital music instrument.
- Call for – You need to know why you need a piano because that will help you decide precisely. If you want it to perform on stage, then you would be looking for something with amplifiers, if you are a novice, then look for a simple one for now and if you are a composer, then you need an advanced one for sure.
- Budget – Now this goes without saying that you should have a budget in mind while buying any kind of best piano keyboards. Well, you need to buy a piano that meets your prerequisites without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Skill level – This is another condition that you should look into because you will be purchasing an Electric Piano based on this. If you are a beginner, you will need a simpler best piano keyboard to start with, an intermediate will require a little-advanced one and an expert will need a sophisticated model. So, you see this certainly should be given a thought as well.
- Keyboard – What about the keys? You should be able to grip on the keys and your fingers should not slip but should be able to glide over them smoothly. That is the basic, stick to it and there you will find the best suited for your fingers!
- Pedal responsiveness – The best piano keyboards should have a pedal that would start by feather touch. Undoubtedly, you should not invest in one that needs a lot of pressure. You need to focus on the melody, music, and flow other than the pedal. You are not a cyclist!
- Digital components – There is no end to this and you are your best judge to take a call on the one that matches your requisites. You can get it all like a MIDI, USB connectivity, headphones port or more in these digital versions nowadays. Make a choice.
- Sound – You need to check on this without a doubt because this is the most important aspect of a musical instrument. A special note has to be added to this saying that modern pianos (digital ones) have improved on their tone and sound quality beyond comparison.
- Polyphony – Yet one more significant element that can make or break your experience of a Digital Piano. If you get more of this, you will be able to play abounding and multifarious passages.
- Brand – As mentioned, you get a lot of name brands these days and ideally speaking you should invest in one. Avoid falling for cheap pianos that would not last long as they are not associated with warranties and quality checks.
- Warranty – There should be a time period that would provide coverage for a product. This rule does not change and all genuine products must come with this promise at least.
- Research – Consider this to be most important aspect of your buying process. You need to conduct your own research if you want the perfect product. Read as much as possible and go through the reviews to form an opinion. You can get in-depth analysis from magazines, forums, or even groups to get a better idea of things.
In reality, you need to be told that this is a process that you will learn eventually. There is no need to get worked up if you don’t get it in a day. This may take some time and be prepared to give this selection some time because you don’t want to buy something that you may not fit the bill. On the contrary, learn about the various parts and components of a digital Piano and then think about it. All we want to add here is that you should train yourself well for purchasing best piano keyboards and then start looking.
Who should buy an Electric Piano?
You may be an aspiring musician, want your child to learn music or an entertainer. And you may need a piano to relieve stress and escape into the world of music from day to day life. You may intend to install one to add it as a decor to your existing furnishings. So, you see there are many reasons that may compel to buy best piano keyboards. Yes, but don’t just jump into buying a piano, think about the brand you are about to buy from and read the fine print. Check if you get the warranty of any kind and also consider the size of the piano as a decider. You need to be practical especially if you have a small apartment. Again the budget should be the final resolve while purchasing a piano.
Types of Piano and what suits you best
These days you get a lot of options when you decide to buy a piano. You may buy an acoustic piano, which derives its names from natural sounds. The hammer hits the strings and thus produces pure sounds that are pleasing to the ears. On the other hand, you have the best piano keyboards that lack hammers and have no strings attached (no pun intended). We have found a few more varieties that you can read through and make up your mind to buy as per your constraint.
- Grand piano – These are longer in size (anything between 5 feet to 10 feet) and have no space restrictions. The strings are long and the mechanical action takes place behind a keyboard. They are considered to be a lifelong investment and you may want it if you have space as well as the budget to afford it.
- Straight strung piano – The strings run vertically but are parallel to one another and there is no chance of crossing of each other. If you are looking for something simple, then this should be it.
- Upright piano – Also known as the vertical pianos, have horizontal strings attached to them and often have a height restriction. The levers connect the hammers to the keyboard. These are often used in schools, churches and community centers.
- Overstrung piano – In simple words, the bass strings cross diagonally over the treble strings to produces the melodious sound. Latest piano models integrate this pattern for maximum effect.
- Digital piano – There is no set standards and definition to this as you can get an array of combination for the electric pianos. USB ports, MIDI, amplifier, microphone ports and loudspeakers, you get all of these as accessories. You may buy them separately or get the one that already is accompanied with these. An electronic simulates the sound of a conventional piano and use electronic power to augment the sound. Numerous brands, unlimited options, affordable pricing and space saving tendency make them the number for beginners to experts.
Remember this investment should be made as part of a lifelong commitment. You should take care of the piano of your choice as per manufacturer asks you to. In consequence, this most definitely will make it last longer.
Advantage of playing Piano
No, we are not talking about best piano keyboards or anything in particular in this section. Instead, we are discussing the general benefits of playing piano and you will be surprised to see numerous advantages of developing this skill. However, even before we start with that, it should be mentioned that music is all about feeling good. It comes from you and alleviates your mood that makes you happy. This makes you live a happy and healthy life. There are more benefits like:
- Stress buster – There are no doubts about the fact that music can reduce stress and practice with a piano is no different. The rhythm, notes, and music blends in together to relieve you of stress. You enjoy the melody and forget about loss, pain or depression. In a way, it boosts your mental health and makes you confident.
- Boosts neural connections – If you put in simple words, then it must be stated that music enhances the functions of the brain. The melody and beats help the nerves perform favorably that increases this functionality.
- Strong vocabulary – A study has revealed that people who learn piano have a better vocabulary and this improves their academic performance.
- Handle criticism – Learning has its own merits and especially if you are taking lessons from an experienced music teacher. You will know how to handle constructive criticism and also take it positively.
Q1. What is a Digital Piano?
Ans. These are a cross between an electronic keyboard and an acoustic piano. They are bigger than a normal keyboard and have 88 keys like its acoustic cousin. They sound way better than keyboards but are highly portable, unlike an acoustic one.
Q2. How does a Digital Piano differ from the other two?
Ans. As mentioned, a best electric piano is all about precision that produces electronic music. Unlike acoustic pianos, a digital version does not come with hammer and strings. They are light in weight and have touch sensitive keys. Q3.
Q3.Do they need tuning?
Ans. As a matter of cat, they never require any tuning. You can tune once a year at the maximum.
Q4. How long do they last?
Ans. Honestly, these are a new breed of pianos and it would be unfair to comment on this. What we can say is you can get one from a reputable brand for best results.
Q5. What about maintenance?
Ans. Not to forget that the best piano keyboards are low on maintenance.
Q6. What is so special about best piano keyboards?
Ans. You can store everything in electronic form and listen to them whenever you want. All you need is a headphone and you can record your own creation, learn and tweak as per your requirement. This will help you improve in a methodical way for sure. To be honest, finding the best piano keyboards is not that difficult these days. Although, so many brands may make it look tedious, but if you know how to go about it, then it would seem to be a cake walk for you. Reading through reviews and talking to experts can be a way out too. The point is if the music is your passion, then nothing can stop you from learning it. Go for it and prove it to yourself that you can really do it. There is no need to prove anything to anyone, but to you. Why shy away from it if you have it in your heart?